[Dailydrool] Ben

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 04:47:17 PDT 2014

I had to laugh when I read Anita and Dale's responses to Ben's not eating.
I have experienced the same thing. When we first got Browyn the Fairy
Princess, I was told by her foster mom that she was a very good eater. I
get her home and I am trying to feed the tiny little puppy in the other
room because I don't want her to have to compete with her brothers. No
dice. I am sitting on the floor begging this skinny (she was recovering
from parvo) little girl to eat. She won't even eat when hand fed. I am
trying all kinds of different temps for the water on her food. I am mixing
in canned food. No dice. I finally moved her to the kitchen so Bugsey was
in the dining room on one side and Beauford was in the living room on her
other side. She snarfed down her food, and has every meal since. I warned
the vet's office when they boarded. They tried to feed her by herself in
the waiting room. Nothing. They took Bugsey out of their shared crate and
put him beside the cage to eat. Problem solved. She just has to have
company to eat. Dog company. Hubby and I don't count.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn