[Dailydrool] Well, we're ready.

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 7 19:02:47 PDT 2014

Aloha,
  DH and I just finished boarding up all the picture windows. Everything loose from outside is in the livingroom or laundryroom. we have a huge barrel of water in the kitchen, and enough peanut butter and jelly and dogfood to last the duration. there's a smell of rain in the air and a light breeze. Next is a good long walk with the dogs and then hunker down. It's about 4 in the afternoon our time. the eye of the first hurricane is due to pass over us at two in the morning (10 hours from now). It's only a Category 1. the second one looks as if it will pass north of us, so I think we're just in for wind and rain. we don't live near the water--either ocean or streams--and the earth below us is rock rather than mud, so barring our roof flying away, we're all set. thank you to all who have been writing and calling. I'll update folks later if we still have electricity. Val, Harley, and Mila.