[Dailydrool] torn ACL

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 8 16:49:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

while I may be clueless, I am in fact an engineer and statistician by training.  I have been collecting data for years at the dog park.  I have observed the following with regards ACL tears:

1)  There is a requirement to crate rest the dog for 6 weeks
2)  Those folks who have spent $5K to $10K for surgery are 10X more likely to enforce this crate rest
3)  100% of the dogs which I know of which had the crate rest stricktly enforced for 6 weeks made a full recovery, surgery notwithstanding

Basically I am saying that in my sample the only difference surgery seems to make is in the PEOPLES behavior (ie they protect their investment).

So, based on my analysis I'd say crate rest the dog and pray real hard and everybody should be fine.

I remain the ever clueless momPerson (aka Dale)