[Dailydrool] Saturday

Sherry Carreon sherry.carreon at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 14:53:01 PDT 2014

A very quiet Saturday here at the Carreon house. Hot and humid, but Sherman and JR love this time because for whatever reason the scent of squirrels, moles, voles, mice and the neighbors goat, sheep and pigs makes for a great walk with Dad. They come in with dirt and/ or mud on their feet and snooters.  Today's walk had some excitement, our deer herd is bringing the fawns out to graze and of course the dogs take a great interest in the deer herd. Now Sherman is not the bravest basset, but he thinks he is, so with his gentle and soft woof, they drag Dad into a run thinking they are going to catch the deer. Of course our deer herd has been around for awhile and I think they have figured out that the dogs can not catch them, because they just watch as two large basset males and one tall and slender human head towards them. Sherman always has the look of disappointment when the herd decides they have had enough.

And yes, they both know when it is time for their walks, they usually get two a day, and if Dad is not putting his hat on at the appointed walk time, they both take serious issue and are not shy of telling us.

Looking forward to Monday one of our favorite families are coming to visit and bringing their beautiful 2 year old girl (the 2 legged type), and Dad and the dogs are going to show her the chickens, she will get to gather the eggs, the Bassets will show her how to pick and eat the tomatoes, should be fun for all.

Heart felt and healing drool to all that need it, so many in need, we are thinking about all of you.

Sherry and the Carreon Gang

Sent from my iPad