[Dailydrool] Fleas

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:53:37 PDT 2014

Riche is right. The bombs are safe for use with people with asthma. It has
been years, but we used to have to use them on a regular basis. Close up
the house. Set off the bombs. Go back when recommended and open the windows
and leave again for another hour or two. Repeat when recommended or when
you see fleas again, which ever comes first. I would let the dogs out.
Spray the yard. Wash the dogs and treat them and load them into the car,
then set off the bombs. You absolutely have to repeat ALL of the above
steps as soon as you see another flea. Otherwise, they are laying eggs for
the next generation and you will never get ahead.

I am told it is easier now that we have good topical products. We fought
with fleas every week for two years in Corpus Christi, TX. Now we have
lived in IN for the past 18 years and it has never been a serious problem.
Why am I moving to GA? I know the house there has a problem or they have
three gallons of flea killer in the garage for no reason.

If you are spraying the yard every week, it helps to rotate products every
week with a three product rotation. This keeps the fleas from developing a
resistance. Once you get rid of the fleas in the bed, you can worry about
going more natural, but it isn't going to happen when the infestation is
this bad.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess