[Dailydrool] DEBBIE'S BIRTHDAY REMEMBRANCE

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Thu Aug 14 13:01:42 PDT 2014

August 20th was Debbie Winchester's birthday and this year that date will be
a particularly sad one for all of us who loved Debbie and miss her terribly.
Debbie's Dawgs was started to remember Debbie and keep her love and support
of senior basset hounds going.  We have been having a $5 Friday each month
in which a specific basset hound rescue is helped with difficult and costly
rescues.  In February we did Senior Pawtners and we are doing Senior
Pawtners again in August.  We also have a small general fund that we use for
emergencies when rescues get a hard case in and need a little extra money to
get the ball rolling for treatment.

We need to increase our money in this  general fund that we use for
emergencies.  Debbie, Elder Clara and Sister Daisy made a nice contribution
to the general fund this month and that does help some.  We have also
received some small individual donations from friends who have donated part
of their sales on Etsy or other sales.  So, as a ONE TIME EFFORT, we are
going to try to increase our general fund for emergencies by honoring
Debbie's love for the hounds on her birthday, August 20th.  If you would
have sent Debbie a birthday card or a gift, please consider donating the
cost of the card, gift or a contribution of any amount on August 20th to
help build the emergency general fund.   Please send your Debbie's Birthday
donation via Pay Pal to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com .

I know Debbie's family appreciates our efforts and I am sure that this
effort will help Wayne and Amanda feel a little better as they go through a
very hard "first" birthday since Debbie's passing.  And of course, all
donations will be used to help senior Basset Hounds who are in 501c3
rescues.

Sandi Wittenberg

Red Bay Bassets