[Dailydrool] Pw. Ben

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 18:56:20 PDT 2014

Saturday am, Ben refused to eat no matter what I did to the food;  Parmesan
Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, heating, etc.  Put out  2 other
brands of food, and still no dice, so in frustration, I picked up the  food
and put it in the refrigerator.  Then in the evening he  ate it w/o any
prodding or begging.  Sunday morning I put  his cheese covered food down, along
with a bowl of Rachel Ray's Nutrish  food.  First off, he sniffed both and
then proceeded to empty the Nutrish  all over the floor and nibble a few
pieces.  Then he pushed the other bowl  all around the kitchen, and after
several reheats and recheesing, he ate  it.  This process to about 4 minutes from
start until the bowl was  empty. Sunday evening the same routine, sans
knocking the Nutrish over  the floor. This is not including the time imploring
him to come into the kitchen  to eat, while he just laid on his chair like he
was deaf and did not  hear. I know he is  not deaf, because this  afternoon,
I was  talking to Kathy in another room and said I wanted to go to Home
Depot and  take Ben along for the ride, and he was at my side faster than you
could say  Jack Robinson.  This morning it was almost an hour before he
finally  ate, again pushing the bowl around the kitchen, multiple heatings and
cheesings  and pleading and ordering.  This evening it was relatively
quick-only took  about half an hour to finish dinner with only a few reheats and
recheeses.  I kid you not about this, as Kathy will gladly verify  things.  At
least it gives her between 30 and 60 minutes twice a day  when she can sit
and relax, as any activity will quickly shut him down and no  more eating.

Douglas