[Dailydrool] Maddie is sick

Carol Yokum racetrcker at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 08:57:09 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Maddie, now 9 years old, needs some drool to help her get better.  She hasn't eaten since her breakfast on Sunday which she vomited up shortly thereafter.   She has been diagnosed with Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis and is being treated with IV fluids, antibiotics and various other meds.   She is in the hospital since she needs to be on the IV and is continuing to have bloody diarrhea and she shows no interest at all in food (imagine a basset not interested in food).   Her heart rate was very high due to dehydration but is back to normal and she is acting perky and enjoying her walks but has to stay there with the IV until the diarrhea stops and the eating starts.

I know how much drool can help so we will be very thankful for any thrown her way.

Carol