[Dailydrool] A request from Holly

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Thu Aug 21 17:17:04 PDT 2014

Uh-oh! The mama says that tomorrow morning we will have a temporary
addition to the pack. A friend is dropping off this little greyhound
(she claims she's an Italian) for two weeks. Lily, the IG, is being
deserted by her humans, who are falling in grease. (What's that, mama?)
Oh, they are not falling in grease, which sounded pretty tasty to me,
they are going to Greece. I've never been there, but if it tastes like
grease....

Please sling some drool in this direction. I had two dachshunds when I
was in my former home. My mama says she thinks they ruled the roost
there, because I was really humble when Lily came to visit on Sunday.
Mama's not sure how this will work out, with such a dinky dog and three
bassets, but she really liked Lily, so she's going for it. She's hoping
Lily will feel enough at home that she won't try to run away (mom had a
bad experience with a dog who ran away when she dog-sat him).

I think Lily felt right at home when she visited us, and I'm afraid she
might never want to leave. You know, don't you, that all a dog has to do
to stay here is to ask mama to stay--that's what I did, after all. Mama
says Lily already has humans, but I'm not so sure she isn't gonna want
to stay. She was making up to the papa something fierce while she was
here, and she only stayed about an hour.

Please remind the humans that this is a basset home. I can deal with two
boys and a cat (well, barely on the cat), but a dinky dog? Never!

Holly the Dolly, queen of the Dashing Bassets