[Dailydrool] Maddie to the bridge

Carol Yokum racetrcker at aol.com
Sun Aug 24 12:14:59 PDT 2014

I wrote a couple of days ago about Maddie who was at the emergency hospital with Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis.   On Friday morning I was expecting to be able to go get her and bring her home but the vet there called and said she had passed away.   I was in total shock.   They don't know what happened but think it could have been a blood clot from her irritation in the digestive system, aspiration of some vomit into her lungs or even a heart arrhythmia that hadn't been found.   I was assured that she passed peacefully with no pain so saw no reason for an autopsy.   I am still in shock.   She just turned nine last month and we've had her since she was four after getting her from SCBHR.

I want to thank everyone who sent drool to her after I first wrote.   I know that it can help and am thinking that it helped her to go peacefully.   I feel so bad that I wasn't there for her when she needed me.  We've had five bassets now and she is the only one that one or both of us wasn't there for when it was time to leave for the Rainbow Bridge.   I have to tell myself that she didn't realize she was alone.   I miss her so much.

Carol