[Dailydrool] ACL surgery

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Mon Aug 25 19:50:47 PDT 2014

Decided, after 3 weeks of crate-rest with no improvement, on surgery for
the torn ACL. Hate to put him through it, but the alternative is not
much better. For those who were disbelieving about my estimate of the
cost -- as opposed to big-city prices of $5000 to $10,000 -- the total
bill will be $500. That will cover the surgery, laser treatment and
swimming pool rehab. It would have been $650 to most customers (those
not standing there wearing a forlorn Basset-Houndy face and raggedy
clothes).

It belatedly occurs to me that I could have made a mint as a go-between!
People could have sent their injured dogs to me to have my vet fix and
I'd return them for way less than they would have had to pay the
big-city vet. Dadgummit. Too late now.

Riche (not serious about last paragraph)