[Dailydrool] December $5 Friday is the 5th

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 21:03:15 PST 2014

This month's $5 Friday rescue is Droopy Basset Hound Rescue
of Western PA - they have 3 senior girls who have incurred a lot
of vet bills and have ongoing issues.  All three of these hounds
are real troopers - Information on them is below.

Please paypal your $5 or more donation to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com
by Sunday, Dec. 7th at midnight to help Droopy pay the vet bills for these
girls.  Checks should be made out to Droopy BHR; email me for an
address.

MISTY

Misty, 12 years old, was originally adopted from a rescue in California but when her people moved to Pennsylvania, they decided they couldn't keep her so she came to Droopy. After her foster dad passed away, she went to her current foster mom and will stay here for the rest of her life.  Misty has had 3 strokes and is on medication to thin her blood, which seems to be working well for her. The strokes affected her mobility and she favors one of her back legs.  She prefers bath mats to beds because they are easier for her to get on.  She also seems to be warm all the time and moves from her bed to the tile floor and back again all the time. She loves the baby pool in the summertime. Misty is a very loving girl and loves to crawl into your lap and be loved on or have her bad back leg rubbed.

MAGGIE MAY

Maggie May came from a shelter in WV in early August of this year. She was a stray, at least 10 years old, and looked like she'd been bred her whole life. One look at this girl & we set up a transport. Maggie is the sweetest, most easy going, loving little soul with the most optimistic spirit even though her life was not an easy one.  Maggie May was beyond desperate in need of a dental, she needed spayed too. The poor girl also had a lump by her tail (in a very delicate area) that needed to be removed. So she had her 1st surgery Spay & dental. What a trooper she is & a favorite with the Vet Tec's. Once she was healed up from that we had her scheduled for the tumor removal. Although this was a more serious surgery, she went thru it again with a great attitude.  The  healing process for this one did not go as well as we hoped, & during this time she developed an abscess in one of her back teeth. You’d think by now this girl would have a lot of attitude... but no even with all the special care we had to do she was still happy & sweet... although she didn’t greet Doc with the enthusiasm she showed the 1st time. So now we were up to surgery 3. Molar removal & having to go back in & find out why the “delicate area” was not healing as it should.
Maggie is now healing well & plays with the young fosters. This little Basset is an Angel & even though we have had to put $700 +  into getting her healthy... she is worth every penny. The family who adopts this old gal will be so lucky to have her!

Betsy Ross is a 10 year old girl that came into our program on the 4th of July so she got the name Betsy Ross. She is all basset, stubborn, willful, and attitude to boot. You must have treats if you want this girl to do anything, and I mean anything! She is so oppositional that she won't do anything that I ask of her, even coming in out of the rain, if a treat is not in hand.

Sometime in her life Betsy must have had a mishap of some sort because she has a couple of pins in her back leg which had caused an abscess.  She had surgery to minimize it, but it still continues to be an issue for her.  She doesn't have much use of it, a little support but it remains stiff so when she walks it is a cute little bunny hop. It really must not bother her much because the little girl can move pretty fast and she is a pretty active dog. She hops all over the yard and up and down the banks with no trouble at all. She even does the steps on the back porch very quickly much to my surprise, even though there is a ramp right next to it. She refuses to use the ramp, probably because I tried to encourage it when she first came.

If you're on Facebook, check our Debbie's Dawgs for pictures of these girls - they will steal your heart!

Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny