[Dailydrool] Daily Drool Calendar Hounds

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 07:46:50 PST 2014

Today's/3 December Calendar Hounds: Also known as the Bad Ass Basset Brothers, Colt & Ruger are brothers from the same litter that came into our lives after our father and son basset pair of Storm and Wolfie went to The Bridge within three weeks of each other.  Storm passed away from kidney failure and Wolfie from a herniated disk paralysis.  In mid 2013, Colt was diagnosed with lymphoma.  Colt and Ruger never spent a moment separated until late September 2013 when Colt had to spend a few days in the vet hospital and follow-on chemotherapy treatments.  Through the good times of "chase the platypus", "squirrel patrol", walk-the-neighborhood-for-pets, and treat time, to the less fun times of team baths, and trim-the-toe-bones, the two were an insperateable tag-team of fun and love.  As Colt made his valiant fight against the cancer, Ruger fretted over his brother ensuring he got plenty of ear cleanings, mouth licks, and chin-on-the-rumps, while always at his side encouraging and leading the drinking of the evening's healing Esiac tea.  Colt was assisted across The Rainbow Bridge on 12 Jun 2014 when the cancer became too much for him to fight any longer. Colt and Ruger were the best of friends and brothers, always together, always sharing, and never knowing  a curled lip, a snarl, or fight between them.  Hugging each other, they must have come through the birth cannel together.  A perfect pair, and among the best companions one could ask for, they weren't without a sly act or naughtiness accompanied by an innocent face when found out - they're basset hounds after all, and always will be.  Lord, help the impatient ones hanging out around The Bridge with another one like Colt keeping things interesting. We love both of our boys and miss Colt something awful!  But Colts spirit still lives as he chose Xander from Ohio Basset Rescue to to fill the hole that his passing left in our heats.

Michele, Todd, Ruger, Xander at Howling Hound Acres and Colt ATB
Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...