[Dailydrool] Update on Bugsey

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 10:43:42 PST 2014

Bugsey had his barium xrays this morning. He does not have megaesophagus.
That is such a load off my mind. He does have delayed emptying of the
stomach. We are going to see if the barium cures him. Apparently this is
not uncommon according to both Bev and the vet. If he still has problems,
we will have to give him reglan. My Bublles ATB needed that along with two
other tummy medications. It is no big deal. Bugsey has never had a bleeding
ulcer so he will be much simpler to manage than Bubbles was.

I can't thank all of you enough for all the support you have given me
through all of this. I really appreciate it. About 6 years ago, I had 3, 4
year old female bassets die on me in an 18 month period. Bugsey is 4. This
was freaking me out way more than it should have, but we all carry old
baggage that sometimes rears its ugly head. I am so glad I had all the
support of my basset friends to get me through this.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess (she was a
total wreck the whole time Bugsey was gone)