[Dailydrool] What self-respecting dog DOES this?

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Sun Dec 7 16:42:53 PST 2014

We started with carrot treats for our first hound, Jane. She loved them
and trained all our hounds about their delectableness. Some fosters came
and spit a carrot out the first time, but once they learned how great
they were, most of them enjoyed those orange-goodness bites. Keeping
carrots safe in this house has always been a challenge.

I would never leave carrots within reach of a basset. They and the bag
would be gone in a flash.

Jane also taught our Holly to love cabbage, the really unusual treat in
our home. Be careful on the cruciferous veggies--the gas can be really
nasty. Holly loves them all.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets