[Dailydrool] Houndservant's essay on grief

lois.leader at cox.net lois.leader at cox.net
Wed Dec 10 15:28:16 PST 2014

Thank you, Lea, for that beautiful piece of writing on Boomer and belly rubs. You eloquently described the whole difficult process of getting from deep sorrow to the bittersweet joy of memory. Sometimes when we lose a treasured fur friend, we can't really share our feelings with those around us without encountering the reaction "You only lost a dog, not a family member." It's good to come to this place and know we are understood and supported.

Lois Leader, Bobo the Inhaler, and Scout, his Lab assistant.