[Dailydrool] Dotties bad back leg

daisy7521 daisy7521 at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 07:52:50 PST 2014

?
dottie iws 12 yrs old, abd she started not putting any?weight on her back right le3g, vet said t=swhe had a torn cruciate hich we could not afford to fix, but it wasn't too bad. but it has gotten much much bigger at least twice the size of her other knee, andnow she can[t put any weight? on it, she is on 3 pain meds. her attitude is great, she eats and drinks, and has interesti in everything, got another vet opinion, and she said it is a mass, and they could take a biopsy to let us kn0ow if it is cancer, but i said no cuz there is nothing we can do about it?anyway , then i got to thinking is it possible is could be water on the knee?? It is very very hard, like cement.????? her knee is very very big, so we lift her all over and carry her as? much as possible, or she will drag? the back end, and I can't stand that. the only time it seems to bother her as far as pain goes, if when i pick her up, the back end, husband takes the front end, if i don't do it exactly right, she will yelp......not often, but sometimes if I do it wrong..........i feel just awful about this whole thing, vet said dogs don't feel sorry for themselvews they live in the moment, and she seems very happy, could it be water?? can the vet take a syringe to get a sample to see if it is liquid???????????? Please, someone, give me some advice, or if anyone else has had this.
second dr. said she never had a torn cruciate....................in the first place, she said it is a mass.............help please???????????????????
my husband loves dottie to pieces, we both do, she is our baby, and i am so afraid if something happens to her, what will it do to my husband, he has alzheimers, i am afraid he will just totally lose it altogether, and put him over the edge............i AM? getting panicky what to do...............
right now she is taking 2 tramadol 3 times a day, 1/2 deramaxx once a day, and another long name starts with a G, and it is helping the nerves in her leg so it don't hurt so much, the pills are working great.............
someone please answer if you can....thanks so much..........Barbie, with poor dottie, and alz. husband.