[Dailydrool] Barnaby ATB

Betsie Muller betsie at fenrir.com
Fri Dec 12 12:50:08 PST 2014

My tenants lost Barnaby early on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. He
woke up at 2am (as usual) to get a drink of water. They didn't hear him
slurping so they got up to check on him. He was standing there at the
water bowl just staring at it. He laid down. This was unusual so they
rushed him to the Emergency Vets. They wanted to do all manner of tests.
They figured he was almost 16 so they just asked to have him looked
over. They vet was very nice. After taking Barnaby into the back they
did an ultrasound anyway. She brought out a syringe filled with blood.
Turns out he had a mass on his spleen that had started to rupture. They
decided to send him to the bridge considering his age, had had a GREAT
life and there wasn't a whole lot they could do short of surgery. Rest
well, Barnaby....

But there IS good news. They have been looking at bassets at Tri-State
Basset Rescue. YAY!  I almost told them that any more four-footeds HAD
to be Bassets! Can't wait.

I miss Barnaby and Lucky though............