[Dailydrool] Mom Person, Lewis and UTI's

Ann Hefner anniebh at acsol.net
Thu Dec 11 08:35:00 PST 2014

I found it very strange that it turned out Lewis did not
have a UTI after all. This is Gunner's story. About a
couple of months ago I posted that Ernie had a new
obsession, that he was washing Gunner every night after
dinner. It has gotten to the point where Gunner tries to
hide. Ernie starts with his eyes, then his ears and then
down his back. Gunner has also been marking in the house
which he didn't do when we got him. I considered it
behavior and since Lacy has had her ongoing UTI's and has
accidents in the house, I thought Gunner was just marking
her spots. Well, the last few days he has not been acting
normal, very lethargic and sleeping more than ever. So I
took him to the doc yesterday and he HAS A UTI. So, Bev,
your theory might be right. We will see if Ernie stops his
obsession after Gunner is on antibiotics a while. I would
never have thought to ask the doc to do a UA. He did x-
rays and blood work and said nothing was wrong with
Gunner. I said do a UA and there it was! So thanks for the
idea even if it turned out not to be right for Lewis.
Ann