[Dailydrool] (no subject)

hkorchak at yahoo.com hkorchak at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 1 09:34:16 PST 2014

I have been reading your posts about doggie dementia and as we are rounding our corners here into senior years, and Bernice does stare at the walls increasingly, I would like to share a story with you that I read about people dementia.  It, however, fits perfectly here.

An older man goes to visit his wife in a memory community everyday and sits with her as she just stares.  One of the other visitors approached him one day and asked him,”sir, why do you come every day to visit when it is obvious that your darling wife does not even recognize you?”  The man smiled sweetly and answered, “but I recognize HER>”  And that’s the lesson we should bring forward to our older houndies--they have brought us such joy and serenity during our lives together, we owe them the same loyalty in their old age.  I hope this story helps you a bit--it surely helps me everyday.