[Dailydrool] long time and long post. Playing catch up.

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sun Feb 2 06:12:19 PST 2014

Hi all,

It has been a while since I posted,  I do read daily and whisper prayers
when for those beloved hounds leaving us and their people in need.

Too many lately,  my heart has been heavy.

My computer crashed about 6 weeks ago and after spending a small fortune to
have my hard drives restored, still did not get all my information from that
effort.

SO I start from scratch and keep going,  but I do love my spreadsheets and
most of last years are gone.   If you do not back up,  (and I did)  do so,
cause it is so much worse if you do not!

We attended the Suncoast Basset Rescue Waddle yesterday and what started out
as a worrisome day, weather wise, it turned into a very pretty day with lots
of Bassets and their people!

Our Ellen and Duchess attended with foster mom, Debi, while the rest of us
minded the store and sales.

I think SBR did really well, and they sure do put on a great waddle!   Many
thanks to all of the SBR volunteers who helped make everyone feel welcome
and worked so hard to create a great day for all.

I think there were 6 adoptions!  Not a record, but hounds got new homes
regardless.

Senior Houndsabound is starting out February Frenzy in about a week,  I will
post again with a link when the time comes.   I am working to get our
newsletter out tomorrow and then get the packages in place.  This year, we
have another gift card package worth around $400, and also another new
Clanamazoo original Senior design.  It is be the first of the series of only
12 made.  It will be called "Waiting for Seconds", I think.     I have not
seen it complete yet as it is still being finished up, but it is just
lovely, and will add to anyone's Basset crap collection!   (Thanks Judy!)

If you do not get our newsletter,  you can sign up for it at
www.seniorhoundsabound.org    Down the left side is a link to add your name
to receive it.  It is free and I do try to keep you up to date with info on
the Bounders there.

We have taken in a few new hounds which I might have missed telling you
about.    Dudley, just last week,  Hank,   both Bassets and owner
surrenders.  Gordon comes from animal services out of Broward county I
think.  He is a Beagle and a damn cute one!

OK,  will stop now  before I lose you all.  Life is getting back to normal
and will not be gone so long again.

Drool to all and we keep Hounds and slaves in our prayers.

Wen and the Bounders