[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge and Debbie's Challenge

Ellen Cole erc2761 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 04:05:16 PST 2014

The Shepherd group in first place for FL has won the weekly prize this
week, so is no longer eligible for the state prize. Therefore, Suncoast
Basset Rescue is in first place for the FL prize. HOWEVER...the group which
has been right behind Suncoast is making up ground and is poised to take
the lead away. We need to step it up if we want Suncoast to win the money.
I am happy when our basset groups win ANY of the prizea (100 vaccines is
nothing to sneeze at!), but that $1000 prize is awully nice. Let's not get
complacent. Vote as many ways as possible!

I had mixed emotions to hear that Debbie has opted for hospice care instead
of curative care, but I totally get it and, as one Drooler noted, it's not
necessarily a death sentence. I volunteer for our local hospice group and
they do wonderful work. Debbie, understandably, is tired and discouraged
and hospice can absolutely make her feel better. They can also help Wayne
cope with the grueling challenges of being a caregiver. It's entirely
possible that, if she starts feeling better, Debbie will get the strength
to continue the fight and she can return to a curative treatment plan. If
that's not to be, Hospice will help her to live comfortably and pass away
with dignity. That is a priceless gift for Debbie and her family. We will
be sad, but grateful that we've known her...even those of us who have known
her only via cyberspace.

Ellen & Miss Magnolia & Gracie Lou Flatbasset & Winston Churchill (a new
rescue of the feline variety who has rocked the girls' world) &, of course,
Abigail and Oliver who are awaiting us ATB)