[Dailydrool] my montana moment.

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 10:49:10 PST 2014

  I know a lot of you must be wondering about what in the world has
happened here this past week.  Now that the tip of my thumb i cut off
making salad is healing well.... I can type .
One week ago I woke up to a shock.  My house was very cold and the
propane I checked .....tank Zero.   Called for an emergency next day
delivery.  Done.
In mean time I had to check Shelter........check barn...check all the
animals...coats were put on.....extra space heaters borrowed which blew
out my electrical outlets/circuits.   So much snow that I had to call
the fire dept. and cross pawsies they would come help me save the
shelter runs from being caved in. They can hold 2 ft of snow, but if it
rained at all......that frozen weight would do them in.   Only one other
time many years ago did I have to worry about that. 2 young strong
firemen came happily and offered to help Basset Rescue of MT>
Then the electrical wall heater kept shutting off in the shelter lobby
and the water pipes are there so that problem became an urgent
situation.  I had to call on backup for that!!  One of my mountain men
friends who live way way up into the mountain came down to help me.
omg....   was I relieved as frozen pipes would of meant to close the
shelter till summer and hoping that none burst!
With elect. problems in the house here, it ruined the t.v. dish
cables......too much snow and frigid weather got em..   The puter was
down. etc  etc.
At one point just to get heat inside the house here, orange long
extension chords I brought in to see which outlets worked and which did
not. I have the highest respect for Electricians!!
I guess during all this I got stressed and so worried I called Chris and
Jim Bly over in WMBR.   Friends for years now and I was exhausted.
Chris dived into action and helped me think of what to
do......especially needing funds.....Val, Trish, ..........well they all
got together and now we have the quilt fundraiser on youcaring.com and
the paypal for mtbassetrescue at yahoo.com with funds /ENOUGH NOW TO GET A
FULL PROPANE TANK AND MEDICAL CARE FOR SMITTY AND HANK./
This overwhelming generosity shown to us from the Drool family has blown
me away. I cried to know that so many of you care .    There are just no
words I can express from me or from the Bassets and animals here on the
ranch. To say THANK YOU to all of you just seems not enough but its all
we have  besides much love from Basset Rescue of MT> to each of you .
Each one of you : an extraordinary person with a caring heart.  I know
there are many more of you with harsher circumstances than us
here.....floods, fires, Bassets leaving for the
Bridge....ice.......roads not open...We have healing Drool to send you
.....its just not /warm /healing drool. Plus healing drool goes out to
you Debbie W.   !!

Doug D. i know I missed calling you for your Big Birthday.  So I am
sending over to you a huge HUGE BIRTHDAY GREETING!!
And Chris Bly.....you stepped in to make all this happen since I am not
a computer person much.....Your support and caring ......the emotional
help to help get me past this is something I will never forget.   YOU
ARE MY HERO.
//

--
Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager