[Dailydrool] and for those of you who sew

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 09:13:31 PST 2014

Chris Bly has listed nine 12" Basset quilt squares on Houndsbay to raise funds for Missouri hound medical costs. Initially I made 18 squares to make a queen size quilt, but found I only needed half. And then my sewing machine broke, so I sent Chris the squares leftover. the squares Chris has are just the insides of the very large squares in the quilt up for raffle for Montana. this means if you wanted to make a quilt, you could add your own sashing or other designs in your own choice of fabrics. Or--you could probably make nine placemats instead, or two baby blankets, or goodness knows how many potholders (all of which would be good future fundraisers.)  Lots of Basset fabrics. to get to Houndsbay, click on the Daily drool we page (it's listed on the digest heading)' then click on Houndsbay. there are probably nine different Basset fabrics. a treasure trove for any drooler who sews. You can see the quilt I made out of these same nine squares at http://www.youcaring.com/other/quilt-for-warmth/133989. were I to make another with these nine squares I might make a different design than windowpane and use different complementary fabrics. see what ideas come to you and bid to help WMBRI.