[Dailydrool] Vet Chiropractors...experiences???

John Weese im4bmw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 12:53:40 PST 2014

Greetings from frigid Lancaster County, PA!

We need some advice.  Our "Bailey" girl (12 yr old red 'n white) has been
dealing with the age old Basset problem of back troubles, and we've had her
checked out & treated, as follows:  x-rays, accupuncture, cold laser, and
meds.  We are trying to get her off prednizone, staying on gabapentin and
tramadol.  Exams indicate a fairly healthy spine with some obvious
narrowing of several disks (the liklely cause of her discomfort).  Aside
from cold laser treatments (and accupuncture didn't help), *we want to try
chiropractic on her*....we have discussed this with several Vets and they
all concur it's worth a try.

Our problem is there are no Vets within 30 miles of us who do chiropractic
on dogs (which seems ridiculous to me, but what do I know"?!).  If need be,
we'll make the drive as we have found a Horse/Large Animal Vet who also
does chiropractic on dogs.

Has anyone had experience with chiropratic on their Basset?  Just looking
for some first hand experiences, and reassurance if nothing else.  My Sis
has her dogs treated by a Chiropratcor all the time but she doesn't have
Bassets.

Thanks for any input!  As soon as this rotten, cold, slippery weather ends,
Bailey & I are heading to the Chiroprator, hopefully!

John, Judy & Bailey
Lancaster County, PA