[Dailydrool] Flea and worm meds

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Sun Feb 9 13:10:26 PST 2014

While it's a bit early to have to think about such things, would like
input on following flea and worm preventive meds. Also will ask vet, of
course, but like to hear Real People's experiences.

Advantage Multi
Monthly treatment for heartworm, fleas and some worms (I need to ask
supplier which worms). If works, would be great not to have to apply
something for fleas and another something for worms. This is a topical
med, which I find easier to apply as opposed to stuff I have to squirt
into mouths or give as pill. Also is something that can be bought in the
size for largest-dog and divided amongst various sized dogs.

Sentinel
Monthly tablet; controls heartworm, certain intestinal worms, and fleas.
(Would be more costly in long run.)

Ticks are not a problem, nor heartworm, but do occasionally have trouble
with whipworms. We had no fleas last year, but that might not be the
case every year.

Riche (aka Bugler pub-editor)