[Dailydrool] Update on Browyn

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 02:58:17 PST 2014

First of all I would like to thank Ester for finding a gluten free,
egg-free challah recipe.  I will have to try it and share some with the
hounds just as soon as I forgive Beauford for stealing 3 raw yeast rolls
while I was standing right next to him in the kitchen.  I was on the phone
and slightly distracted.  It amazes me how fast that boy can move.  I did
point out to him that all the foods not good for dogs list raw yeast dough.
 He gave me "the look".

We are also in high prayer and drool mode for Debbie and Wayne.

Now for Browyn.  I love this hound.  I really do, but she is a little on
the weird side.  I very often think that she stood in the Fairy Princess
attitude line twice and forgot to get in the brains line.  But, that is not
completely fair.  She does show signs of having a brain, she just chooses
not to use it all the time.  Of course, I keep reminding myself that a
large part of that is age.  She is two and the brown truck has definitely
not come yet.  She is doing a lot better in the sleep department.  She is
now waking up only once between 4:30 and 5:30.  We are using the night
light across the room, not next to her crate.  I put a pillow that has
Bugsey scent in her crate with her usual blankets.  She is rather picky
about the texture of her pads and blankets.  I am not really sure why, but
she HATES flannel.  So, I put the pad with the flannel down first, then I
put a soft towel down next.  Then I put a fleece blanket in the back half
of the crate and the pillow in the front half.  She only takes a morning
nap in her crate.  When everyone else takes an afternoon nap, she gets to
stay out.  So far she hasn't destroyed anything.  She throws her ball for
about a half hour and then she lays on her favorite dog bed and chews a
nylabone.  In the late evening, I give her a massage and try to make sure
she doesn't get too riled up before going to bed.  Yes, it may seem like a
lot of work, but it really isn't once you get in the routine.  The best
part is the Fairy Princess seems to be sleeping well on this routine.  A
sleeping Fairy Princess means sleeping parents.  Rested parents is a very
good thing!

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess