[Dailydrool] a week later: Another Mt. Moment

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 06:29:22 PST 2014

well things are kinda settlin down now.   Best thing ever is we have
another great webmaster Esther who is a Godsend to help us keep our
website current.
The house is much warmer now with a full tank (well only 80 % of a 500
gal. tank).  I wish they would fill it totally but guess that is not how
they do it.  Guess there needs to be room in tank for ? air?   .  I do
not question safety reasons.  The blanket is draped over the old curtain
rod way up high so our living room glass sliders stay a bit more warmer
now.  I have towels taped to sliders hanging over the doggie door to
prevent drafts.  The basset know how to use it.
This week presents much warmer temps.  It was 40 degrees yesterday and
omg was it nice.  This morning it is raining.....and when it freezes at
night that is when one needs cleats to walk over the ice.
2 nights ago a pack of coyotes were right in my back meadow.   The
bassets go nuts!!  I block off their doggie door as in no way would I
want one of them ..coyotes.... jumping my fences to get a basset for
dinner.   no no no.
I am prepared with Mr. Smith and Wesson.......to never allow any harm to
come to any of my babies out here in the country.   I keep a tight watch
on everyone.
When a wildcat comes thru....my horses ears tell me.  So, all in all the
ranch is so much better now.    A volunteer new to us is coming out
today to help me get 2 bassets in to be groomed.   yep, they are gettin
stinky!!!  I have been washing lots of bed covers for them.
Dudley will need a cyst removed from his rump and PSmitty will need to
have his muzzle and molar looked at cause the protrusion on his snoot
worries me.
He has the worst set of teeth ..........12 were already removed when he
came into rescue. /all of this getting done thanks to all of you who so
graciously donated to help the shelter.  THANK YOU MANY TIMES OVER.   I
KNOW I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET TO EACH EMAIL AND THANK YOU BUT PLEASE
KNOW I AM DOING IT RIGHT NOW HERE./

All this going on here in Mt. is hardly much when you think about what
is happening in the South.   People without elec.t.   food, trees coming
down on cars and prop. due to ice and all the cars left on the major
hiways...... those people that cannot get home....  i think omg what
about all their dogs, cats, birds, etc that are there without
food/water/ etc.....I stress over all that happening there.   We have a
food supply here, water bottled up for emerg. and huge duffle bag full
of necessities.........and for winter Basset Rescue of MT. keeps
sleeping bag, water/bowls, kibble, emerg. kit, flashlite, cat liter to
help wheels get out of an ice jam.........etc.   in truck/car.

Still wrapping thumb.   Its always something as you who have many
critters know just what i mean.  Thank you Chris Bly for all you are
doing to help me get past this eventful time.  Never thought I would say
this... but BRING ON SPRING.

  Basset Rescue of Montana Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com - (406) 207-0765
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org
https://www.facebook.com/bassethoundrescue - Like us on Facebook!