[Dailydrool] singing

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 16 14:11:28 PST 2014

Isn't that funny, I sing to my bassets too and it calms them down.   While I could not carry a tune even if I had one in a bucket the dogs seem to settle down and feel soothed by the singing.

My babies did too, and my hsuband always wondered why they didn't shriek LOUDER when they heard me make that awful noise but they didn't, they calmed right down and were soothed and so are my dogs.  Gracie in particular does not ride in a car well ..... and she does try to join me in the front seat or at least on the center console which is NOT ALLOWED and when she is told that is not allowed she will cry like a baby unless I sing to her .... they she'll stop.  But let me stop singing and oh oh here we go again.

The radio doesn't help at all.  Seems I can sing anything (rather poorly).  I made up several jingles when my girls were infants and I use those.

Good luck
Dale .... aka the clueless momPerson