[Dailydrool] Singing and chewies

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Mon Feb 17 21:17:49 PST 2014

I used to sing to my heart-dog (long since ATB) "You must have been a
beautiful baby..." but nowadays occasionally resort to "How much is that
doggy in the window?" while staring accusingly at some culprit.

Re chewies. The dogs love things to chew, but either what I buy
disappears in a nanosecond or turns out to be unsafe. Have avoided the
rawhide chips and "bones" and knots, but did try the little sticks
(about quarter-inch thick, 5 inches long) thinking they were safe
enough... but Sydney-Basset goes to vet first thing in the a.m. for
possible blockage. Maybe it's not that, but still.

Tried the cow hooves, and they work fine for the really big dogs, who
only gnaw contentedly, but oddly enough, the littlest one can break off
pieces with her jaws of steel, so they have to be forbidden. Can't let
the others have them lest they abandon and she gets hold of them.

Have long considered antlers, but never bought due to high cost. I would
be willing to cough up the $ if I were sure I wouldn't have to consign
them to the do-not-allow shelf. I think in the past some have said they
were fine, but a few said they splintered.

Which is it?

Riche aka Bugler