[Dailydrool] Pebbles and antler chewies and olive oil

Leah McConnell leahkmcconnell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 17:58:25 PST 2014

Fortunately Pebbles is not losing weight and she didn't throw up this
weekend. She is enjoying getting three meals although she isn't crazy about
having to wait until I am ready to go into bed for the extra meal. Since she
was banned from the bedroom I got her settled down for the night around
9:30 - her preferred bedtime. If she gets bad again I will suggest a
sonogram. There is a vet here on the island that does them. Thank you Ron
for suggesting it.

As for chewies, Pebbles has an antler and some rawhide doughnuts. She chews
to release stress and when she is being fed soon enough. I never have to
worry about her eating the rawhide. The antler has held up well. She also
gets bully sticks which she insists on hiding. I was looking for the latest
one today and can't find it. Skye the Sheltie is coming over for a few days
and he will demolish it if he finds it. Unfortunately I will be off island
tomorrow for a doctor's appointment and he will have it gone if he finds it
first. Last time he had it Pebbles tried to take it away from him when I
came home. Big brave girl waited for the mom to be there first to protect
her if he objected.

Someone mentioned giving there hounds olive oil to stop shedding. How much
do you give? I started drizzling a bit on her food and she loves it.

Leah slave to the brave Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound and Maggie ATB and
sometimes Skye the Sheltie