[Dailydrool] surprise!

Ron Buries rburies at verizon.net
Wed Feb 19 19:28:23 PST 2014

The other day I received a call from my Niece’s children asking if they could
could come over for a while and visit. I thought this rather strange since they
usually just pop in when they feel like it..I of course said to come any time
since we would be home. A short time later a car I didn’t recognize pulled up
with my grand nieces’ and some of their friends. I went to door to greet them
and looked down my driveway to see a beautiful  tri colored basset waddling
up my driveway. It seem that my niece’s friend had two bassets, and see
mentioned that I had lost my Barney recently. Her friend decided that I needed
a little therapy so they decided to bring Hobbs their 4 month male basset over to
cheer me up!! It worked!! Hobbs and I had a great time getting acquainted. He
was a real love bug, giving out lots of slurpy  kisses. I was on hound heaven!!!
Hobbs owner said that the breeder she got Hobbs from had one of Hobbs sister’s
available. I politely declined. To soon and there are so many rescues out there
that need homes. There are other reasons I am reluctant to think about a replacement
of Barney, that being our age. Barney was 11 1/2 years old when I lost him. I am concerned
about what would happen if something happened to us and our hound would have to be re homed.
We all have seen many senior hounds in rescue, so there are concerns.  So we will take one day at
a time and see what happens next in our life. Love to all on the drool. I can't thank you all enough
 for your warm e-mails and cards of sympathy when we lost Barney.Love your hounds tonight and
 give them a hug for me will you..

									                         Ron
                                                                                                  Barney  ATB