[Dailydrool] update on Vernon Q Basset

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 20:05:02 PST 2014

Well, Vern is seemingly on the mend. He ate a tiny bit of chicken for
breakfast, and since then has had 1/3 of a cup of white rice with a bit of
poached chicken breast three times.

His Xrays looked normal, though his heart and liver are smaller than
expected -- but since we haven't had an xray of him before this might just
be the way he is. We're waiting on results from a blood panel -- we should
get them tonight or possibly tomorrow morning.

He's much improved in manner -- he greeted guests this afternoon and helped
me cook dinner, which is his usual practice, and he's now relaxing on his
armchair but looking up when anyone walks by -- he wasn't doing this Monday
or much yesterday.

Thank you for the drool -- it seems to be working!
Mary
& Vernon Q Basset
& Paddi B "Why is it always about him?" Basset