[Dailydrool] Debbie Winchester ATB

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Fri Feb 21 21:11:45 PST 2014

Dear Droolers,

As you saw from Bev's post, Debbie Winchester has passed away.

I miss Debbie.

For the last 4-5 years, we talked every day. Sometimes on the way to work,,
or later in the day, or several times a day depending on what was going on.

I cannot remember why we started talking, think maybe it was when I asked
her to write for the Bounders newsletter and she started writing monthly
columns from Clara.  But we forged a friendship, and one I miss with all my
being.  She became a part of Senior Houndsabound, helping to come up with
ideas to help fundraise for the Bounders.   The Talk to the Tail shirts,
Born To Howl shirts, Elder Clara's cookbook and pot mitts, were all her
ideas.  In addition, she got  Barb Thulin on board to enable us to open
Bessie's Boutique.  She loved the seniors and they loved her.  She helped me
when a Bounder left for the Bridge,  calmed me down when I wanted to  blast
someone, pumped me up when I got so tired.  I loved Debbie, and I miss her.
She did not have to live next door to be such an important part of my life.
We started out as rescue/Basset friends and just became friends, of course
the hounds were our favorite topic.

I did not write much about Debbie while she was ill on the DD.  It was
almost like if I did, it became that much more true, her cancer.  Tonight
reality hit hard.
Wayne called me this evening and said "Debbie is now our Guardian Angel and
Clara has shown her the buffet."

Debbie loved her senior Bassets.and the young ones too, but the old ones
stole her heart.   I know after her reunion with her babies ATB, she will
love on all of ours and tell them any news she might have.    Debbie's own
hounds will surely miss their mom,  but Wayne will love them through this.

Sending drool and hugs to all, and especially those who have lost a beloved
hound recently, and to those who had a special place in their hearts for
Debbie.

She sure did love her Drool family.  I will miss Debbie each day.

Wen and the Bounders