[Dailydrool] Meningitis and Hannah

Sandy D'Angelo sandy.dangelo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 18:21:15 PST 2014

I usually just lurk on the drool but now I have a concern and need
help. Hannah woke up very sick Tuesday unable to move. I got her to my
vet who tested and ruled out all sorts of diseases and then referred
her to VRA where she was diagnosed and finally treated for meningitis.
She is being treated with high doses of prednisone and several
antibiotics and bed rest except to go pee. Pee is frequent but as an
old basset she is not active anyway. My fear is a relapse and the
scary prognosis. Has anyone else had experience with this?  She is old
but I want her around.

Sent from my iPhone