[Dailydrool] Lots of Drool being sent

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Thu Feb 27 12:27:50 PST 2014

It's  been kind of crazy here the past few days. A fter dinner on Tuesday, I went out to put some chicken breasts  that I'd re-wrapped in the freezer and discovered it wasn't working. After we (the Dh and I) checked it out and made sure the breaker was working, declared it NLO. Hmmm, now what? Most everything was still frozen. I put  the "new" meat packages in the freezer of our fridge. Disconnected the dead one and started searching for a replacement. What ever did we do without the internet and product reviews? By bedtime, I' d found one on sale and in stock at Lowe's not too far from us. After I'd fed the hounds and goats the next morning, I headed to Lowe's to check it out and look at  their scratch and dents for a bargain. No such l uck but I did find out they give 10% discount to military veterans. The Dad person is a disabled veteran :0-). Every little bit helps. On the way home I bought a half dozen bags of ice to put on top of the hopefully still frozen food in the old chest freezer. They delivered the new upright frost free model  this morning and hauled off the dead chest freezer  for FREE!! A few items had thawed by this morning. Nothing we can't use up so all in all, things turned out pretty good.

The new freezer is a 16.6 cu. ft. frost free upright model that is now in my laundry room off the kitchen. The old one was a little under  10 cu. ft. ches t freezer that was 22 plus years old, had to be defrosted manually and lived out on the covered deck. Needless to say I'm in awe of this thing! It's so quiet and so roomy! To make this hound related I'll tell you that they'll be eating well tonight since I've got about 5 or 6 lbs. of ground turkey that needs to be cooked and used up as well as some hamburger . So there's lots of drool production going on. So, w e'll be sending drool  to all who need some .

Jacqie & the  Lowd own Hounds of Oakrydge.