[Dailydrool] Jersey

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 06:46:11 PST 2014

We're a little more optimistic now than we were. We aren't out of the
woods but Jersey's labs have improved! Her liver enzymes are still
crazy high but, for example, her ALT has gone from 4031 (norm is
12-118) down to 2595. Everything else went down too so we're on the
right track. She seemed better yesterday but she won't eat. So the
goal for today is to get her to eat and keep it down so they can
remove the IV cath and let her come home. We feel more hopeful than we
have in a bit! The DH was out of town for a couple of days but is back
now and will go visit today. She loves her man and I know will be
happy to see him so maybe he'll be able to get her to eat a little
something.

The other three continue to be a little naughty. Someone (Shadow) peed
in the hall which she hasn't done since she came to us years ago. My
yarn that has sat safely on my cutting table has had to be put away
where they can't get it and I can't tell you how much shredded paper
I've had to pick up the past few days! Suzy is the only one that I
can't blame for the messes because she has to be in her bedroom when
I'm gone because she's incontinent. So it's all Ginger and Shadow. I
don't know what these two are thinking but it's like they both are
having major brain farts all of a sudden! Yesterday I could tell that
they had tried to get into the trash because the bins had been moved
around but at least they didn't succeed at that. Ginger doesn't know
it but she may find her happy little butt in her crate when I have to
leave the house if she doesn't cut it out!

Thanks for all your good wishes, drool and nice notes! You don't know
how much it helps having the support of people who love their hounds
like we do and understand what we're going through. We have some
friends who think we've totally lost it doing what we're doing to
"save just a dog". Needless to say, those people have crashed to the
bottom of our friendship list!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger