[Dailydrool] Food

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Fri Feb 28 00:44:23 PST 2014

I would love to feed Honest Kitchen to my hounds. But along with the
cost, which Bev has already discussed, I am not certain that even their
fish version would be something my Holly would do well on. She is
allergic to so many things--meats, grains, and who knows what else. So
while there may be better foods out there, I am currently sticking with
the kibble that she is currently thriving on. At age 13, I figure we've
been doing something right by her.

In a perfect world, I'd be happy to cook for my dogs or do whatever is
necessary. But sometimes things aren't so perfect. And many
considerations feed into the choice of a food. For me, it's largely
feeding my hounds what keeps Holly less than itchy--and having another
food for Horton, whose tummy needs very tender care.

In a really perfect world, every dog food provider would have food that
is really healthy for our hounds. But until that happens, I suspect we
will all do the best we can with whatever we have to do it with.

Still, I am very thankful to the folks who give me more information
about the foods that are out there. I do want to know about them, and I
am thankful the Drool provides that information.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Basset