[Dailydrool] WARNING - Graphic Poop Descriptions

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Thu Jan 2 22:11:28 PST 2014

Well I have definitely decided that dear, sweet, goofy Baxter is not bright.
As in, kinda dumb, and he will eat literally anything.  So here's his latest
escapade, and please don't read it if you don't want to learn more about
poop than you ever wanted to know.

Our garage is detached and we keep the back gate locked, so sometimes when I
come from the grocery store and have a lot of heavy stuff to carry, I'll
sling some of it over the fence.  Never before been a problem.  Haha.  So
Tuesday I went to the store and got a few things, including a big plastic
bag of Wildlife food, meaning squirrel food.  It's all dried corn and seeds
and nuts.  I actually buy it for Sister Bea, who is definitely hyperactive,
she spends the entire day chasing squirrels in the back yard, running,
running, running off excess energy.  Anyway, the bag is heavy, so I sling it
over the gate and take the rest of the stuff in the front door.  Forgot to
get the squirrel food, but it's never been a problem to leave things there
for a few hours.  Remembered around 10:00 PM, picked up the bag, and two
corners had been shredded and I spilled stuff all over.  Got the bag in the
house, went out and picked up a bunch, put a bunch in the feeder and
scattered it like always.  And wondered what on earth had shredded the two
corners of the bag.

Yesterday morning, I'm about to get up, sitting on the bed petting one of
the kitties, and Baxter comes in and gets me to pet him with my foot while
he sits and snaps at the air.  All the sudden he jumps up and heads to the
sunroom and the doggie door.  No problem, good boy.  I get my socks on and
take a step towards the closet and step on something strange.  Bend over and
pick it up and it's dried corn and grains mixed with poop, the consistency
of a crumb topping.  Very dry and crumbly and full of dried grain.  Yuck.
Throw it in the toilet and got some TP and check, sure enough there was
more, so I picked it up with the TP and flushed it all down the toilet.
Ugh.  Then left the bedroom, and there was a trail of crumbly, corn and
grain filled poop going through the hall, across the sunroom (and the dog
beds there), and out the pet door.  Yuck.  Cleaned all this nasty mess up.
Thoroughly washed hands for the second time.  Fed dogs, cleaned floors one
more time and then did the whole house, just in case.  No breakfast for Mama
until lunch time.  Nasty morning.

Nothing else went on until walk time, when Baxter suddenly pooped in the
middle of a pile of leaves at the edge of the sidewalk.  Never even slowed
down, he just walked and pooped.  What do you think he pooped?  Right.
Crumbly, dried corn and seed and grain filled poop in little gobs.  I just
left it there and kept walking.  No one would ever, ever believe that just
came out of a dog, and it was so full of dried grain that I figured the
squirrels and birds would come get it.  Ugh.  Between the two of them,
Baxter and Bea are turning my hair white, quickly.  Yes Dale, if I could
drink (I take Tylenol/acetaminophen for arthritis, so no booze allowed),
those two would have me slugging down the vino.  What a day.  What a dog.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net