[Dailydrool] Mom, the Chazey queen of bassets

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 10 16:39:32 PST 2014

She is stable, not great, but that the hounds surround her is wonderful.  Today, when the aide was here, and my sister was walking the twins, first Nigel and then Colette, I told the aide the story about them.
It was my birthday, and there was an ad in the local paper.  Mom was already in dementia, and it was subtle, so I didn't really get it, she was avant grade all her life, and a wonderful example of that, just saying.
Mom wanted to buy me puppies for my birthday, and we had four hounds in the house already, and I resisted with all my might, but, if anyone has lived with a bipolar personality and try to keep the peace, I drove her to this house where the puppies were for sale.
We spent two hours or more there, and their original names were Chocolate Chip and Chucky Jr., and now they are Colette and Nigel.
It is a good memory of an adventure that I had with Mom, and I am glad for the experience.
They have plaid coats for bad weather, and recently, there was a shoe that matched their coat, and my sister talked me into buying a pair. Nothing fancy or expensive, just continuing to be my Mom's daughter, another, avant grade.
Healing drool and love to all,
Jackie and the clowns