[Dailydrool] Clifford's P-Mail

Judy Berryhill jbzmail64 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 17:26:55 PST 2014

Greetings to all,
I recently found a red ceramic "fire hydrant", about 3 feet high and I got it for Clifford to leave his P-Mail for the neighborhood hounds. I placed it next to the mailbox by the curb out front and placed a sign next to it that says, "Clifford's P-Mail".
He still doesn't get it, he can't imagine why any dog would want to pee OUTSIDE, when they could do it inside the house and not have to get cold, (we're talking 50 degrees here). If he's a diamond in the rough, it's gonna take a sand blaster to change his bad habits, I always forget how much work raising a puppy is, and how much older I am now, than when I tried this last time.
My new title is "Mop Bucket Queen", Clifford loves it when I have to clean up his liquid signatures, he grabs one of the mop strings and I end up dragging him along, through the pee and liquid bleach, ending up smelling worse than when I started.
Yesterday I actually saw him scrunch down to leave a deposit on the floor, then while humped over, he actually backed up a step to land it on the edge of the newspaper. I praised him over and over for being so thoughtful. I can only share these precious moments with the likes of fellow Droolers, no one with abundant intellectual capacity could appreciate our special sense of humor, bless you all.
Judy in Fresno