[Dailydrool] Morning Hounds

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 08:32:04 PST 2014

I have two hounds that are morning hounds.  I also have one that is not.
 Browyn and Beauford are always so ready to get up in the morning and will
do just about anything to push the time up.

Poor Bugsey.  He stumbles out of his crate and just falls on the
floor...every morning.  My love bug doesn't even want to be loved on when
he gets out of his crate.  He stumbles outside to do his business.  Then he
comes back in and flops in my lap.  About an hour later, he is ready to
face the day.

I am not sure if Bugsey would refuse to eat if I fed him first thing in the
morning, but I am pretty sure if I did, he wouldn't remember it.

By the same token, Beauford does not take kindly to being put to bed late.
 When it is 8:00, he is ready to go to bed.  End of statement.  Sometimes
we have to put the dogs to bed and then finish the movie or football game
because it is hard to do with him stomping his feet and ringing the bells
to go out every 2 minutes.  Who says bassets can't talk?  It may not be
English, but they usually manage to get their meaning across.

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess