[Dailydrool] Sumfin

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 18 17:21:20 PST 2014

Dear Bev and  Conley,
Your posts make me chuckle, and I really need it.
My Sumfin is Mom who is home, yet stable, but care for her is very surreal.  I know I must be doing an OK job because her aide, who I love, tells me her company wants to hire me in the future.  Mom met her new MD yesterday, not really, the MD met her, but Mom has a lovely team.  This is a hard part of my life, but I feel blessed to have the ability to take care of her here at home where she belongs.
Pierre is my other sumfin.  He is all full moon, stealing from my sister which he loves to do, and we are walking again.  Yesterday could have been a really extended walk except Pierre Jr. smelled the open garbage of a discarded package of a brownie with some brownie left in it.  We walked a little past it, and then he stalled.  I gave into his need to walk back the path we started, and I almost got him past the brownie, and he tried to put on brakes.  I always have treats with me when I want to do an extended walk with the boy, and I got him home, but he really, really stopped and smelled the brownies.  He proves to me what scent hounds the basset breed are.
Jr. is my sumfin and the one meant for me, I believe.  He reminds me of all the life I need to live, not just for others, but for me, and him, of course.
Thank you Ohio Basset rescue, for my boy, who will be five 2/19.  How time flies….
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie and a bunch of paws who are other wise all ok