[Dailydrool] The 3 Bears reunited at the Bridge

Wilder, Sharon Sharon.Wilder at Simonandschuster.com
Mon Jan 20 06:14:44 PST 2014

Huggie Bear also known as Hugmonster, Hug-a-bear, Roo-Roo, Hug-a-bug, Bugbug, Buggie, PIA-the hound I've often said was the bane of my existence and one of the greatest loves of my life left for the Bridge Saturday morning. Queen Xandy Bear, Moosie Bear and Huggie Bear together again-what a joyous reunion that must have been. Huggie Bear was whip smart and a problem solver who kept us on our toes until the end. As a puppy she was formidable, wild, clever and always looking for trouble. She was our fierce alpha and she took over the household and her slaves and set about getting everything running the way she wanted. I'll never forget the heated discussions HB and Auntie Angelika would have at events, Angelika insisting she was boss while HB talked smack and laughed knowing she would win most of these exchanges. Not one year but 2 years n a row HB climbed the steps to the room where Auntie Dawn was staying, unzipped her suitcase and ate all the cookies Dawn had brought for the hounds to share. HB figured she saved Dawn the trouble of figuring out which hound got which cookie. See, problem solver. When HB was not getting the attention she wanted or was mad she would pick items off the ledge behind the couch and throw them into the foyer. She preferred breakables. She figured out how to open the Smart Human dog proof garbage can I was so proud of within minutes of it's arrival. Huggie Bear was a challenge but what she gave in return makes me long for even one moment with her. Huggie Bear lived big, Huggie Bear loved big and we loved her back. Life will never be as bright without her. She was ornery and bossy but she brought an element of laughter and delight to our lives that will be missed forever.