[Dailydrool] Rolph's tailpipe

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 30 08:36:31 PST 2014

Poor old Rolph still has a sore tailpipe.
After a week of antibiotics and a couple of days of anti- inflammatories - which we had to stop as they made him vomit - we went back to the vet.

Kevin was not there, so we saw a nice lady called Kim, who said there was no sign of infection left, but Rolph's anal glands had refilled and his tailpipe was still very tender.

We left with a course of steroids to start tomorrow and a soothing cream. When applying the cream I can feel a small, hard, lump and he is very, very tender.

Kevin suggested a spine problem may be contributing to the problem, Kim suggested his allergies might be in play.

I am trying not to worry my socks off about this.

Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK