[Dailydrool] Pano

Betsie Muller betsie at fenrir.com
Thu Jan 9 07:19:30 PST 2014

Back in the early 90s this is the  way it was explained to us:

The marrow inside the bone expands but since the bone IS bone it doesn't
... hence the "growing pains".

Episodes could last a day or more (we were lucky...Danny's lasted one or
two days) until he was 18 months or so (by the time he was 11 months,
they'd pretty much stopped).

Treatment was simple. One enteric (coated) 81mg aspirin when it was bad.
We lucked out again and he only needed one per episode.

ALSO changed his food from puppy to lower protein adult chow and
minimized the exercise during the attacks.

Betsie