[Dailydrool] Beds

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Thu Jan 30 08:40:19 PST 2014

Beverly, be careful, you may have started something you can't control with a
new bed.  We have 4 new beds here.  Of course we had all kinds of nice beds
anyway, but things changed when Bunny and Baxter arrived.  They came with
their own bed, but after a few days it suddenly was no longer acceptable, so
I drug every dog bed I had out, and we made do for a while, although you
could tell the pack was not satisfied.  Then one day foolish Mama saw a
wonderful big box of dog beds at Kroger, and the beds were big and smooshy
and have a zipper so you can remove the cover and wash it, and they were
only $19.95 each.  (Kroger does stuff like this in November and December
every year.)  So foolish Mama bought ONE bed.  Let's just say that it was a
huge hit, everyone wanted to sleep on it except Holly the Dolly who is a
princess and does not sleep on what everyone else does.

Over the next couple of weeks there was so much turmoil over who got to
sleep on the new bed that foolish Mama ended up buying two more beds, for a
total of 3.  And then guess what?  Holly decided maybe she liked the new
beds after all.  So we are back to fighting over who gets to sleep on the
beds, since we are talking 4 dogs and 3 beds.  Guess what foolish Mama does?
Finds one more bed (they are all exactly alike, right down to the color,
dark brown) and buys it.  So now we have 4 new dog beds stuffed into the
office/sunroom along with Holly's recliner, 4 old beds in the bedroom plus
Bea's big chair, and the pack has completely taken over what used to be my
formal living room with 2 beds, 2 sleeping blankets, and 2 big soft chairs
for Bea and Holly.  So be warned, this is what can happen to people who buy
a new dog bed.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net