[Dailydrool] Beds

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:17:37 PST 2014

With the cold weather I have been sorely pressed to be sure the dogs are
warm enough at night. This room, where they sleep in their crates, used to
be the garage and so it is not well insulated especially the floor, which
is a cement slab with some cheap linoleum on it.
I have fastened blankets to the backs of the crates to keep the cold air
from the outside wall off the crates. I have put multiple layers of padding
and bedding in each crate. Everyone seems ok except Llewis the only dog
allowed to sleep out of a crate.
Sometimes he sleeps in the living room in John's chair which is the perfect
size for a Basset (so is the couch,the other chair, my bed, John's bed and
any other soft spot.)

Anyway I told John the other day to buy another dog bed which he did, a
large rectangular bed that is about 3" thick.

And Llewis LOVES it. Tonight he was moaning and whining, wanting on my bed
which would be ok if he could get down alone, but we're afraid he'll hurt
himself.  Finally I took the new bed and threw it on the floor, and he
CRASHED onto it and is sound asleep.

He is the only dog I have who looks as sweet when he is awake as he does
when he is asleep.