[Dailydrool] Bloat in Bassets

Chyril chyrils at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 18:50:22 PDT 2014

Hello everybody. My 10 year old male Basset Harley is at the vet tonight with bloat. I found him outside this evening trying to eat grass, licking his mouth, and trying to throw up. His stomach was tight so I called and got him in to see vet. X-rays showed the bloat and they quickly sedated him, intubated him and placed a tube in his stomach to decompress the air. So far that is working and we are hoping for no surgery tonight so he can come home tomorrow. The vet mentioned in some dogs this happens twice a year, I'm hoping for one time thing, but since it has happened so I need to watch for anything particular. This is one scary event I do not wish to repeat if at all possible.

Thanks.
Chyril owner of Harley, Annabelle, Cassie, and Olivia

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5