[Dailydrool] huge bump on tail

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 4 09:26:06 PDT 2014

Hi it's Dale,

Gracie had this exact same thing happen.  PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let them try to remove it.  It's not cancer.

What it is is one of those nasty sebascious cysts.  Gracies also blew up to golf ball size over night.  When I pulled her for rescue I took her to the vet for a complete physical.  It was not there.  Three days later it appeared.  I was in a panic.  I called the president of the rescue (who is also a veterenary tech).  She told me under NO circumstances to let anyone remove it because tails don't heal.  Then I took Gracie to the vet and my vet said exactly the same thing.  They took her in back and lanced and drained it.  I drained it probably half a dozen more times for her at home.  It got down to pea sized and seemed healed.  Then, about a year and a half later, it blew up again and this time it ruptured and drained on it's own.  The second time it healed completely (I kept it clean with hydrogen peroxide and also used polysporon).  Gracie is fine.

I remember how worried I was.  I know you must be too.  He'll be fine, just don't let them knock him out and remove it ...... tails don't heal well and they might end up having to dock his tail as I heard from my vet and also several droolers.

Best of luck,
Dale